About Me

My photo
Hey I'm Chelsea and I'm 25. I was born and raised in my hometown Of Osoyoos and I am honored to announce I will be representing my community on a National stage as i was selected as a Miss Canada Petite 2017 Finalist. The pageant is a part of Miss Canada Globe Productions and will be taking place later this Summer in Toronto. I love fine arts like acting and photography. I enjoy watching movies, reading and creating videos from youtube. Within the past few years I started doing Special FX makeup and I have really enjoyed that. Especially the past two Halloweens were I find and enter as many makeup contests as possible and just challenging myself. I love to travel and meet new people, so if you're interested in me, I'm interested in you.

Monday, November 30, 2015

Shop Small Saturday

On November 28th it was Small Business Saturday
Another part of the Shift your Shopping and what could be considered as the unofficial kick off to BC Buy Local week was Small Business Saturday which was held on November 28th. 
This campaign is part of several campaigns this winter to encourage people to Shift their Holiday Spending by Shopping small, spend local and committing to shift their Holiday Spending to supporting local businesses.

I myself didn't really shop local on Saturday as it was my mother's Birthday but we did go to a local Junior B Osoyoos Coyotes Hockey game. Where we bought the program as well as 50/50 tickets. Which is kind of like shopping local because the Hockey club supports not only the community but allows youth to give back to the community through volunteer initiatives alongside their opportunity to play Canada's national winter sport.
I am pledging to do as much as my Holiday Shopping over the rest of the Saturday Shopping days by continuing to Shop Small and supporting my local community based Small and Independently owned businesses.
Learn more about my personal goal, pledge and promise towards shifting my 2015 Holiday Shopping and committing to shopping local, shopping small and in particular Shopping BC

No comments:

Post a Comment