About Me

My photo
Hey I'm Chelsea and I'm 25. I was born and raised in my hometown Of Osoyoos and I am honored to announce I will be representing my community on a National stage as i was selected as a Miss Canada Petite 2017 Finalist. The pageant is a part of Miss Canada Globe Productions and will be taking place later this Summer in Toronto. I love fine arts like acting and photography. I enjoy watching movies, reading and creating videos from youtube. Within the past few years I started doing Special FX makeup and I have really enjoyed that. Especially the past two Halloweens were I find and enter as many makeup contests as possible and just challenging myself. I love to travel and meet new people, so if you're interested in me, I'm interested in you.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Oliver Christmas Craft Fair

On November 21st the day before my Birthday I headed up to Oliver to attend their annual Christmas Craft fair. Something I had never attended before.
Much like the Penticton Christmas Craft Fair & Sustainable living Show  I was Once again I was blown away by the extraordinary talent on display at the craft fair where artisans, crafters, bakers and entrepreneurs gathered to showcase their ware.
More importantly I was very impressed by the community support and spirit that was in full swing. Which showed the community fully supporting the Shift your Shopping Movement as well as continuing to Buy local and buy BC. Which at the end of the day encourages community strength and growth in economy.
During this craft fair the first few booths were selling Christmas Decorations. My mom purchased me this gorgeous stained lightly pink glass Icicle from Starfire Stain Glass made by Lorie which she will be giving me for Christmas [I.e I have no photos of]
Next we found ourselves a few stands down at Scroll Saw Art which featured gorgeous hand crafted creations made by Howard Karl. I bought a delicate reindeer decoration for only $8.00. 
Next we visited our Friend Sherri who was hosting a table full of handmade products using all natural ingredients and scented with Young Living Essential Oils. As Sherri is a Young Living Essential Oil distributor and we met her through Tracy with Big Bear Bites when she hosted Young Living Essential Oil make & take workshops.
Sherri very kindly gave me one of her chapsticks as a Birthday present & gave one to my mom too once she learned her Birthday was on November 28th. Afterwards I bought a Living well alcohol free Sanitizer for $4.00 as well as a homemade B-Natural Deodorant made using Shea Butter, Coconut oil, beeswax, Aloe Vera, witch Hazel, Arrow Root, Baking Soda, and infused with Abundance, Tea Tree Oil, Clary Sage and Frakincense Young living essential oils! I can't wait to use this natural, cheaper and over all healthier alternative to traditional chemical laden Deodorant.
Next we stopped by to see my friend and fellow toastmaster Shauna where she was selling Holiday Decorations which she had hand painted.  I bought this adorable hand painted Snowman which could either be used as a Gift tag or as a tree ornament. Which I plan to hang mine up on my tree this Christmas! I really love the intricate pattern and how the paint leaves a kind of texture feel to it!
After visiting Shauna we stopped by KBCreative  which features hand made clothing and fun little accessories mainly aimed towards Younger girls but adults can find things too! I bought two matching Frozen/Queen Elsa Hair Barrettes for the two little girls I nanny, who typically wear matching outfits [one is 3 & the other is 7] and both LOVE Queen Elsa from Frozen!  So I'm sure they will put good use to the barrettes. 
Our last stop for the day was at a table full of Ginny's Treasures where I ended up splurging on an very unique and literally one of a kind pendant for myself.
The thing about Ginny's treasures is that Virginia Irving from my hometown of Osoyoos uses Natural leaves and turns them into these exquisite pieces of hand crafted jewelry.  Leaves are carefully gathered and go through a very delicate process to take the intricate parts of the leaf and eventually dip them in metals to preserve their unique patterns forever. My gorgeous piece of nature combined with art and jewelry was well worth the $30.00.
All in all I had a lovely afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed my second Christmas craft fair in November.



Where I purchased things from

Links Pertaining to this post

  1. WordPress Blog  https://cecedecember.wordpress.com/2015/12/01/oliver-christmas-craft-fair/
  2. Blogger Blog: http://cecedecember.blogspot.ca/2015/12/oliver-christmas-craft-fair.html
  3. Youtube Videos: [Craft Fair] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRZgJ6exHpU  [Craft Fair Haul] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EKMJPgH6t8
My Blogmas/Vlogmas December 2015 Social media Links

No comments:

Post a Comment